Mini Ricotta Bake Muffins
There is no doubt that Ricotta Bake is one of the most popular meals after bariatric surgery. You see it all over Pinterest and WLS forums because it tastes good and can be enjoyed at any stage after surgery.
One of the first creators of the Ricotta Bake was from Shelly at The World According to Eggface.
After undergoing weight loss surgery in 2006 she created the Ricotta Bake as an idea for the pureed phase. It was a hit! Now you can find this recipe and variations of it all of over the place.
I decided to jump on the bandwagon and create the “Mini Ricotta Bake,” which is in align with the meal prepping concept. You can bake these ahead of time and eat them throughout the week or freeze them for later in the month.
Each muffin is about a half cup portion. If you are reheating these, I would suggest storing the muffins without the sauce and then add right before heating up in the microwave. It makes it easy.
These would also taste good with a little frozen spinach added to them to help increase your iron and fiber intake.
Depending on your surgery’s guideline these may be too thick for those of you in the pureed stage. I would recommend putting them in the blender and mixing with the marinara sauce until you reach your desired consistency.
- Place all ingredients in blender and puree until desired consistency is reached
- Serve as is
- Serve as is
Mini Ricotta Bake
This Mini Ricotta Bake is easy to prepare on the weekend and cook throughout the week.
- Total Time: 30
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- 8 oz ricotta cheese, part skim
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasonings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Mix together ricotta cheese, eggs, seasonings, and parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Fill 6 muffin cups evenly.
- Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes or until tops become golden brown. While cooking heat up marinara sauce in microwave or saucepan.
- Once muffins are done, top with warm marinara sauce. Serve as is.
- Place finished product in blender and puree until desired consistency.
Soft Stage and Regular:
- Serve as is. Consider adding frozen spinach to boost nutrient content
- Place muffin in microwave, topped with marinara sauce for 2 minutes.
Keywords: Ricotta Bake