Easy Chicken Cacciatore
This Easy Chicken Cacciatore is sure to please the whole after bariatric surgery.
- Total Time: 25
- Method: Pan
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1, 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt pepper to taste
- Cut chicken breast in half lengthwise, then coat with almond flour.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts. Cook for five minutes each side. Remove chicken from pan.
- In the same pan, add mushrooms, onions and rosemary. Cook until browned.
- Add broth and tomatoes. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Then add back chicken breasts and cook for additional 5 min or until chicken has internal temperature of 165 F.
- If blending add to food processor and blend until desired consistency. You will likely need to add additional chicken broth to thin to desired consistency.
- Blend until desired consistency reached. May need to thin with additional chicken broth.
- Make sure rosemary cooks long enough to soften.
- Serve as is. Would also taste served over 2 tablespoons of whole grain pasta or zoodles.
Keywords: Easy Chicken Cacciatore