Creamy Chicken Vegetable Fettuccine
This Creamy Chicken Vegetable Fettuccine turned out way better than I expected. I originally intended this to be a bariatric version of turkey tetrazinni but the finished product reminded more of fettuccine so I went with it.
Since fettuccine noodles tend to be high in carbs and difficult for post bariatric patients to digest, I decided to use zoodles instead. The zoodles proved to be a great vehicle for this yummy sauce.
The base of the sauce uses chicken broth, broth and cream cheese. This recipe is a little bit higher in fat than my others. If you are unable to tolerate fat then I would suggest using a reduced fat cream cheese.
Since I believe healthy carbs in smaller portions are allowed after surgery, I included a small amount of peas in this dish. They add a bit of sweetness and a familiar flavor. If you have not started adding back healthy carbs to your diet, then you may want to omit this food item.
Since this dish is full of vegetables it has almost 5 g of fiber per serving, which is really helpful to maintain a consistent bowel regimen.
If you want to help prep for this dish ahead of time, then I would suggest spiralizing the noodles. Then prepare the rest of it on the you are planning on eating it.
Bariatric Diet Modifications:
- Not recommended
- Consider using reduced fat cream cheese because you may not be able to tolerate a lot of fat at this point. Also, cook the zucchini until more well done. Omit peas if healthy carbs not added back in yet.
- Prepare as directed. If cooking for only 2-3 then half recipe.
If you like this then be sure to also check out my:Print
Creamy Chicken Vegetable Fettucine
Creamy and delicious weeknight meal.
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Comfort
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 onion finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrot sticks
- 8 ounces sliced mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (divided)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4–5 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 lb chicken breast cooked and shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in saute pan.Add onion, celery, pepper, salt, carrots, and mushrooms. Saute for 5-10 minute or until soft. Add flour and mix until vegetables are coated.
- Then slowly add broth and stir quickly until flour is absorbed. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.Remove from heat.
- Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and cream cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Add the peas, chicken. Stir until blended.
- Coat a casserole with non-stick spray and place zucchini noodles inside 9x 13 casserole dish. Pour chicken and vegetable mixture over. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Mixture will somewhat souplike. Dish into bowls.
Keywords: Chicken Fettucine
I am Bariatric Dietitian that teaches you how to eat before and after weight loss surgery to help you feel and look your best.